Canon PowerShot S80 Manual is aimed to fulfill the needs toward information of both technical or instrumental issue among this digital camera product especially for Canon PowerShot S80.
When Canon PowerShot S80 was firstly released to the market?
Canon PowerShot S80 was firstly released in October, 2005. Even if it’s already released quite long time ago, but this product is still relevant for nowadays use, especially for you who likes retro camera kind of style.
Canon PowerShot S80 – Basic Features
- 8.0-megapixel CCD
- 2.5-inch color TFT LCD monitor
- 3.6x optical zoom lens, 5.8-20.7mm (equivalent to a 28-100mm lens on a 35mm camera) with auto and manual focus, adjustable focus area, 9-point AiAF in Auto and Image Zone modes, and focus bracketing.
- Maximum 4x digital zoom
- Full automatic, Program AE, Shutter Priority, Aperture Priority, Manual, and Custom exposure modes, plus 12 preset exposure modes, Stitch Assist, My Colors, and Movie exposure modes.
- Shutter speeds from 1/2,000 to 15 seconds
- Manually adjustable aperture settings from f/2.8 to f/8.0, depending on zoom setting (f/5.3 at max optical zoom)
- Manually adjustable shutter speed settings from 1/2000 to 15 seconds, available at all apertures
- Built-in flash with red-eye reduction, slow synchro and curtain selection modes, plus flash exposure compensation
- SD memory card storage, 32MB card included
- Power supplied by a rechargeable lithium-ion battery pack (charger included)
- Canon Digital Camera Solution Software v26.0 with ArcSoft PhotoStudio, and USB drivers included for both Windows and Mac platforms
- Print/Share button
Canon PowerShot S80 – Special Features
- Four Movie modes with sound (up to 1024×768 pixels at 15 frames per second or 640×480 at 30 fps)
- Interval and Continuous Shooting modes
- Stitch-Assist panorama mode
- Macro focus mode
- Shortcut button
- Triple image and jump scrolling in Playback
- Customizable “My Camera” settings
- Two- or 10-second Self-Timer for delayed shutter release, plus custom timer with multi-shot feature
- Sound Memo option for recording captions
- Spot, Center-Weighted, and Evaluative exposure metering
- White balance (color) adjustment with seven preset modes, plus Auto and a Custom setting
- Photo Effect and My Colors menus for color adjustment
- Unusual Color Accent and Color Swap features for special effects in still images or movies
- ISO sensitivity equivalents: Auto, 50, 100, 200, and 400
- DPOF (Digital Print Order Format) and PictBridge compatibility
- Exif Print
- USB cable for connection to a computer (driver software included)
- A/V cable for connection to a television set
How much the price when Canon PowerShot S80 firstly released?
In the first release, It was $549 (old price at launch), and now, if you’re interested to own this compact digital camera device, you can get it in several online stores by paying for the used price start from $43.28 with 3.6x optical zoom. This is the worth price for what’s offered by this Canon PowerShot S80.