Canon PowerShot S2 IS Manual is aimed to fulfill the needs toward information of both technical or instrumental issue among this digital camera product especially for Canon PowerShot S2 IS.
When Canon PowerShot S2 IS was firstly released to the market?
Canon PowerShot S2 IS was firstly released in August 2013. Even if it’s already released quite long time ago, but this product is still relevant for nowadays use, especially for you who likes retro camera kind of style.
Canon PowerShot S2 IS – Basic Features
- 5.0-megapixel CCD delivering image resolutions as large as 2,592 x 1,944 pixels.
- 1.8-inch color LCD monitor with 115,000 pixels.
- Electronic optical viewfinder (unknown resolution, appears similar to LCD though).
- Glass, 12x 6.0-72mm lens (equivalent to 36-432mm zoom on a 35mm camera).
- 4x digital zoom (48x combined with optical).
- FlexiZone autofocus and a manual focus mode.
- Full Automatic, Program AE, Shutter Priority, Aperture Priority, Manual, and Custom exposure modes, as well as nine preset exposure or “Scene” modes.
- Manually adjustable aperture setting ranging from a maximum of f/2.7 to f/3.5 depending on lens zoom position, to a minimum of f/8.0.
- Shutter speed range from 1/3,200 to 15 seconds (max shutter speed only available at f/8, goes down to 1/1,600 at f/2.7).
- Built-in flash with five operating modes.
- Secure Digital (SD) memory storage.
- Power supplied by four AA batteries or optional AC adapter.
- Optical image stabilization. (Very effective.)
- New AF Assist Beam.
- 30fps VGA Movie mode (with sound), up to one hour per clip.
- Stereo recording in Movie mode.
- Sound caption recording.
- Stitch-Assist mode for panoramic shots.
- Continuous Shooting, and 2 or 10-second Self-Timer modes.
- Unique “My Colors” mode.
- Night Display brightens images for easier framing of dark subjects.
- Six custom Photo Effects including Low Sharpness setting.
- White balance (color) adjustment with eight modes.
- ISO adjustment with four ISO equivalents and an Auto setting.
- Automatic Exposure Bracketing and Automatic Focus Bracketing.
- Evaluative, Center-Weighted, and Spot metering options.
- DPOF (Digital Print Order Format) and PictBridge compatibility.
- USB cable for connection to a computer or certain printers (driver software included).
- Video cable for connection to NTSC/PAL televisions, VCRs, etc.
How much the price when Canon PowerShot S2 IS firstly released?
In the first release, It was $499 (old price at launch), and now, if you’re interested to own this compact digital camera device, you can get it in several online stores by paying $419.95 with 12x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom (OLD MODEL), and for the used price start from $36.82. This is the worth price for what’s offered by this Canon PowerShot S2 IS.