Canon PowerShot Pro70 Manual is aimed to fulfill the needs toward information of both technical or instrumental issue among this digital camera product especially for Canon PowerShot Pro70.
When Canon PowerShot Pro70 was firstly released to the market?
Canon PowerShot Pro70 was firstly released in 2001. Even if it’s already released quite long time ago, but this product is still relevant for nowadays use, especially for you who likes retro camera kind of style.
Canon PowerShot Pro70 is a high-quality, high-resolution digital camera. Equipped with a diverse range of advanced functions, the PowerShot Pro70 can accommodate the needs of any photographer with its easy-to-use auto mode, aperture-priority AE mode and continuous shooting mode.
Canon PowerShot Pro70 High Points
- 1.7 megapixel CCD sensor
- 2.5x zoom, with equivalent focal lengths ranging from 28-70 mm
- Works with sophisticated external auto flash unit, including flash-head zoom and EV compensation
- AP (Aperture Priority) auto-exposure mode, truly independent of shutter speed
- “CCD Raw” mode for totally uncompressed images
- “Review” mode holds last image on LCD screen as long as shutter button is depressed
- Tilt/folding LCD screen is very handy in studio – we liked the option of positioning it to the side of the camera, or directly on the back…
- Optional remote release very handy in studio for long exposures
- Superb low-light capability
- AF-assist illuminator guarantees accurate focus in any light (giveaway of AF light will prevent candids though)
- Phase-differential passive autofocus is very accurate
- Fine-grained exposure-compensation adjustment (1/3EV steps) a welcome feature
- Dual CF cards for mondo in-camera storage. (Also supports Type II CF cards – should handle IBM 340-megabyte microdrives when they become available)
- Fairly fast cycle times (max of 11 seconds for uncompressed mode), for such a high-resolution camera.
- Average shutter delay, but very fast (0.2 seconds) if pre-focused
- Excellent ergonomics, very stable camera platform
- Works well with Canon dedicated speedlights, possibly usable with 550 super-speedlight? (multi-unit auto flash operation)
- NiMH battery pack provides high power, rapid charge
- Very fast, responsive menu system
- Standard 37mm filter threads for aux lens mount
- Very capable automatic white balance, works in virtually any lighting
- Wider angle lens, plus low light capability, plus external flash integration make for a superb “indoor” camera!
How much the price when Canon PowerShot Pro70 firstly released?
In the first release, It was $1200 (old price at launch), and now, if you’re interested to own this compact digital camera device, you can get it in several online stores by paying $129.99 with 28-70mm zoom for the used products. This is the worth price for what’s offered by this Canon PowerShot Pro70.